Can someone tell me how to fix this?

MrSpencer5

đã Post16 Tháng 10 2018 - 9:24 am
Everytime i finish a campaign game on age of empires 2 tc, this happens and im forced to close and reopen the game. Im playing the original on a disc on windows ten. Gameplay is full screen but when i start it is in a window but looks fine and when i finish a game it goes back to a window and screws up as shown

Attachments:
2018-10-16.png (file size: 340.35 KB)

Đường dẫn | Trả lời | Trích dẫn
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

đã Post16 Tháng 10 2018 - 11:09 am
Hi,

Does this happen while playing campaigns or just about any game you play on Voobly?
Does the game work fine when being played offline (outside of voobly)?

Please ensure that your game room settings are exactly like this:
[You must login to view link]
You can verify this by hosting a game room in any lobby
 MrSpencer5

đã Post16 Tháng 10 2018 - 1:00 pm
Not voobly. Been happening since before i even downloaded voobly
 kitt

đã Post17 Tháng 10 2018 - 2:30 pm
hi
Quote:
Im playing the original on a disc on windows ten
does that mean you have the disk in the cd drive while playing? if you have installed voobly you do not need the disk in the drive. on or off of voobly.
is your game installed like this: https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/261257
for any game, team or single player, these are the suggested settings: https://www.voobly.com/files/view/31695090/db4efrmhsw88gf2wefkakbmj9nqvfr7r/VGR8.png
 MrSpencer5

đã Post19 Tháng 10 2018 - 6:47 am
Ah ok i didnt know i could do it without the disc thanks, though it wont let me play the original campaigns without the original disc in for joan of arc etc. but thats ok since i dont have to keep switching the discs now. Ill go through these patches and see if i cant figure it out thanks
 MrSpencer5

đã Post19 Tháng 10 2018 - 7:58 am
Ok, so i installed tc 1e patch, i already had kings 2a installed, i installed user patch 1.04, i set the game setting to both of your guys reccommended settings and it still does it, also now i cant open the game from the desktop for some reason, i have to go into the game file and open from there even though i copied it from there to the desktop so it should be the same thing? in case you couldnt tell im really stupid when it comes to this stuff so im sure im just doing something wrong
 kitt

Đã được sửa19 Tháng 10 2018 - 12:23 pm bởikitt
hi
ok a few points to play the game at voobly.
to play you need aok and aoc installed on the pc. they need installing like this:
Quote:
1) The game installed similar to this for XP/ Vista/ Win7/Win10.32 bit:
C:Program files/Microsoft Games/Age Of Empires11/

The game installed similar to this for Vista/ W7/ W8/ Win10. 64 bit.
C:Program files[86]/Microsoft Games/Age Of Empires11/
install the game as admin, in compatibility mode for xpsp3.
windows8
Some find using compatibility mode for w98 or w95 works better. Try all if having a problem
you need v1.5 Beta R7 installed to play at voobly. it should install automatically when you enter a voobly game lobby [https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/631/v15-Beta-R7]
Quote:
i have to go into the game file and open from there even though i copied it from there to the desktop
right click the age2x1.exe. in the age folder or for aok the empires11, select "creat a short cut" follow the instructions to name it etc. then place/drag it to the desk top.
 MrSpencer5

đã Post22 Tháng 10 2018 - 12:49 pm
Uh yeah that install like this quote is like a different language for me, is there like a step by step guide for ****s somewhere? Also I installed the 1.5 thing and it said it downloaded and installed, but I cant find it in the game folder?
 MrSpencer5

đã Post22 Tháng 10 2018 - 12:50 pm
I figured out the desktop shortcut at least though so thanks for that!
 MrSpencer5

đã Post22 Tháng 10 2018 - 12:53 pm
Nevermind about the 1.5 thing i found it. Now I just dont know how exactly to install the game right
 kitt

Đã được sửa22 Tháng 10 2018 - 1:44 pm bởikitt
hi
ok
enter a game lobby. top of screen, options tab, then do the game diagnostic. copy/paste it here so i can see were the game is now as you may be in the right place.
Quote:
Also I installed the 1.5 thing and it said it downloaded and installed, but I cant find it in the game folder?
should be there on win10 for a 64bit op/system
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Voobly Mods\AOC\Patches
here for a 32 bit op/system
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Voobly Mods\AOC\Patches
 kitt

Đã được sửa22 Tháng 10 2018 - 2:24 pm bởikitt
hi
dont do any of the below till i see the diagnostic as may not be necessary or you may need to uninstall aok/aoc before following the below.

simple install for win10 64bit operating system, are you sitting comfortably?
put the AOK disc in the drive.
on the main page that comes up, click install, if it asks you to close any open apps, do so and click next.
it should now show you were its going to be install:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II.
if its not that change it to that. now select minimum install and click "install"
once installed you can add the MS game patches to it or if not going to play AOK remove the AOK disc.

now put the AOC disk in the drive. copying the above, the install folder should be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Age2_X1\
click install.remove disk after the install
now install the 1c MS patch: Age of Empires The Conquerors 1c: Game Patch:
http://www.voobly.com/files/view/29392663/y4fznofysc79x4uf2u22xsvkiamf9y57/Age2XPatch.exe
[not strictley necessary but do it]
now d/load and install voobly to: C:Program Files (x86)\
your good to go.
 MrSpencer5

đã Post23 Tháng 10 2018 - 6:46 am
Non-DirectPlay game path is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II'
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll' exists...
Success!
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C'
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 218112 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
DirectPlay play thinks the language dll is at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.
 kitt

đã Post23 Tháng 10 2018 - 1:07 pm
hi
that looks fine.
 MrSpencer5

đã Post26 Tháng 10 2018 - 8:37 am
Ok...so it's still messing up like that after games end...but when i quit a game i hosted in voobly its fine, but when i try to play of my desktop off voobly and just the campaigns it still does it. I already downloaded that 1c MS patch

[1]23
Hiển thị 1 - 15 ngoài 42 Bài viết
Nhảy Forum
1 User(s) làđọc chủ đề này 30 phút vừa qua
0Thành viên1 Khách