Average Match Rating

JimmyRaton

đã Post23 Tháng 3 2018 - 5:39 am
kind of useless. it's already easy to guess the average rating of a match and the balance/imbalance of teams, it's simple math. to see if somebody is usually playing against lower/higher rated people you can simply look at their profile... it's really easy to check.
while the thing about putting a average rating on the match itself is fine, putting it on a profile is kind of stupid.
first of all, how do you want to do it? for each map one average rating? makes everything REALLY simple with the plenty ladders that we already have... and if you take multiple ladders into one average ladder it doesnt say anything at all.
also, if you just keep going with that ladder, imagine somebody starting out at voobly. he plays ~400 gamse and stays at ~1600 rating. the he quickly improves to 1800-2000. but his average rating will stay at 1600-1700, because of the amount of games already played. in the end he gets stigmatised for no real reason, just because he just recently gained his rating... you could make it so it only takes the games of the last few months into account, but in the end it isnt saying much. especially for maps with few players. if you are higher rated, you are forced to play against lower rated people on some ladders, as well as you have to play vs higher rated if you are low rated... i remember times of the day where it was simply impossible to find an RCB game with 1800+ players. the elo system is already designed in a way, that it factors in, that you are more likely to win against a lower rated player.
to me it sounds like you are butthurt, because somebody overtook you on the ranking ladder and you are looking for an excuse to discredit that person. just challenge him and take some easy points if you think he doesnt deserve them... if he doesnt want to, the "average rating" doesnt change anything besides people argueing which ladder counts more (which is kind of ironic, because one is based on the other, and your claim is, that it isnt accurate...). if somebody is really noob bashing, it is quite obvious from their profile...

adding the average rating of the matches to the match statistics does no harm, that's fine, but adding an average rating as a ladder-like feature to profiles is stupid, useless, and probably even counterproductive.

If u check 2 or 3 pages in a guys profile and click each and every match link to see whether that guy is for real u must be completely jobless. Well we spend our time usefully so **** off
Servers can do the computing real quick theres nothing to be worried about even if u have many ladders
Last 120 games can be taken for this. if u think cba has few players u are ****ed.
This will make players to stop noob bashing and point trading to get nice stats in the ladder.
This is not counterproductive you ****.
PS: guys having best noob basher in aoc badge shud not be allowed to give their opinion
Đường dẫn | Trả lời | Trích dẫn
 Dej4Vu

đã Post23 Tháng 3 2018 - 6:28 am
holy crap, wtf what is wrong with you all guys
 ['RB']ZottenDree

đã Post23 Tháng 3 2018 - 10:41 am
lol
 [Eot_]Evil_Weasel

đã Post23 Tháng 3 2018 - 11:03 am
Watermilan, you dont seem to be blessed with intelligence. The badge is a joke and not forced onto me...
Point traders and noob bashers are usually already publically known, there's no need to check all their games, although you seem like the kind of guy who is stupid enough to do that.
And i never said the servers would be the ones that would have the issues with the ridiculous amount of ladders. whyever you would think that (i have a suspicion that this is linked to your mental ability)
Average rating wouldnt change anything to the better. Are you trying to get people to play even less games? Or act like you are a better player because your average rating is 10 or 50 higher than someone elses? The rating system is already designed to fix this... And if someone is exploiting it like estigma did, it is quite obvious without average rating, so feel free to write a complaint.
PS: people that take a signature serious shouldnt be allowed to write anything at all...
 _IYIastA_

Đã được sửa23 Tháng 3 2018 - 11:23 am bởi_IYIastA_
I feel like some people are overreacting to a very simple concept.

A. The point about 2k vs 16x, the current rating system makes this useless, so there is little problem. If its a bunch of 2k players playing say 18x then the average rating will fall in and around 19x, which would be an accurate rating for players able to consistently beat 18x level players. Also those 18x would have a higher average than an equivalent 18x who plays at or below their level. So you will you know that those 18x had the balls to play higher level opponents.

B. This isn't some sort of apocalyptic event, its a number. Basically it will be telling you the usual level of game that a person plays, it won't replace 'actual ratings', not as far as I understand it. For CBA hero specifically, it would be interesting to know the average match rating level of top rated players.

C. That the average match rating of a 16x rated player would start low, well obviously. As that person plays more and more higher rated games their average match rate will grow as well.

[Eot_]Evil_Weasel

đã Post23 Tháng 3 2018 - 11:30 am
You know how serious the people here take "numbers"... the amount of numbers is already bad enough and caused lots of drama.
 ['RB']nhoobish

Đã được sửa23 Tháng 3 2018 - 11:35 am bởi['RB']nhoobish
https://vooblycommittee.voobly.com/forum/thread/283907#Average_Match_Rating_Top_Most_competitive_player_Top

Highest rated player was a 2k CS - RCB and had the Average Match Rating of 1755. I had CS - RCB at 1640 and got the Average Match Rating of 1680. It is a good number to see, if the player has opponents with higher rate or lower rate than his. Though, if you are at the top of the ladder, then the number is going to be lower regardless who you play, but I guess only difference is how much smaller.
 [Eot_]Evil_Weasel

Đã được sửa23 Tháng 3 2018 - 12:40 pm bởi[Eot_]Evil_Weasel
Well, thats the issue with ladders like rcb. There are barely any players, so you have to play with low rated players sometimes. Only at certain points of the day 18+ games are available. There is still a difference however, since you wouldn't be kicked in purely low rated games while he certainly would. In the end there isn't that much difference in the average rating (unless you only play 1v1/2v2, easy to get a higher average rating there)

What i think is funny/remarkable, is, that hellrazor has one of the higher average ratings. A lot of people said he was mostly playing against noobs.
His iwn rating has some impact of course, but not too big. Let's assume the average rating of a room is 1700 (7 players), if he joins, it is boosted by ~37,5 points, if you join instead, it drops by 7,5 points. Not that much of a difference. Overall his opponents were a little bit higher rated than yours. In the end the rcb community is so small, that always the same few people play vs each other.
 _IYIastA_

Đã được sửa23 Tháng 3 2018 - 1:41 pm bởi_IYIastA_
Well, thats the issue with ladders like rcb. There are barely any players, so you have to play with low rated players sometimes.

I don't think it matters, RCB ladder is in no way comparable to tg/1v1 based ladders.

As for bloods/random and other truly low activity ladders, only a handful care about having a high rating on them as it is. Most of those are only trying to boost their overall rating and are oblivious to people who call them noob bashers/point ****s.
 ['RB']ZottenDree

đã Post23 Tháng 3 2018 - 1:56 pm
barry is a noob basher
 ['RB']nhoobish

Đã được sửa23 Tháng 3 2018 - 2:46 pm bởi['RB']nhoobish
It maybe an interesting addition to ratings in general, but a very low priority update I would say. The reason why I added it to RCB League was the same as Weasel stated, people argued others of noob bashing and claiming that their wins are fake. This value provides legitimacy of your total rating, but depending on the ladder activity.
 _IYIastA_

đã Post23 Tháng 3 2018 - 2:39 pm
It maybe an interesting addition to ratings in general, but a very low priority update I would say.

Like every update!
 ['RB']nhoobish

đã Post23 Tháng 3 2018 - 2:46 pm
_IYIastA_ wrote:
Like every update!

;good

Still waiting for that Mod Centre overhaul since 2012.
 [Me_]Zanchy____

đã Post23 Tháng 3 2018 - 5:16 pm
RCB FFA is all about teaming, diplomacy and friendship. It's not at all a real display or representation of ones ability lol, in fact, if a player is very much better than the rest, all tend to focus on ensuring they do NOT win at all costs. Hellrazor is a known pt'er and has been punished on numerous accounts, numerous times lol, he only ever plays with 1-2 friends in game who ALWAYS purposely either feed him or help him to win. Again, punished numerous times.
 obi11

đã Post23 Tháng 3 2018 - 5:24 pm
Make mod to hide names for ffa games then ;upsdown

123[4]56
Hiển thị 46 - 60 ngoài 84 Bài viết
Nhảy Forum
1 User(s) làđọc chủ đề này 30 phút vừa qua
0Thành viên1 Khách

What's popular right now: