CBA v21 - New Features & Updates

+arslan

đã Post22 Tháng 5 2017 - 7:53 pm
If you are so Pro-Active player then CBA is not a map for you Dej4Vu, Play in RM/DM lobby where actual skills are tested.

The whole CBA map is made in such a way so that you don't have to make Castle Units at all, otherwise CBF was a decent map with similar attributes.
The Ally Development Support : very bad idea (the worst in your v21) Seriously ? Did you already played cba ? The key in CBA is to get vill and to keep them alive. Like lot of good players, i always try to kill ennemy vill when it’s possible for example.

Once the player has Razed and then lost his vill, the Ally Dev Support will not be activated. This will only be available for those players who are unable to get the Villager in the entire game. The time and Kills when the "Ally Dev Support" is activated can be extended to a higher number if you think this Feature makes the game Unfair or "This Whole feature can be made Optional, so the Host can Enable/Disable it in the beginning of the game".
Anti Enemy Wall : very bad idea : It’s a strategy, very hard to succeed, and when you do it it’s because it’s the only way to win against stronger civs. Play harder if you don’t want to be walled and try to control your base regulary. This proposal looks like a proposal from a noob who isn’t able to micro everywhere.
The Ally Wall Support : very good idea, but what happen with unfinished wall ?

The update does not involve any sort of modding, so unfinished walls are still possible. The Objective is to deter people from doing Cowardly act or you may call it "Strategic" to wall your enemy or even your ally in some cases.
Palisade Wall created in front of gates will now be converted to Stone walls. very bad idea (the 2nd worst idea in your v21). What CBA is ? Some civs are good in start game and others civ in imp game. So with this proposal, the good civ will raze and wall out faster ==> play civ like celt will be impossible. You want to wall out faster ? Play harder and do little wall, don’t add some noob stuff like that.

This is function is aligned with The Goths walling outside, If we remove this function then no Goths can wall outside. If you are happy with Goths No-Stone wall ability outside the gates, then there is no point in keeping it as well.
2 proposals to make CBA more balanced :
- Aztec start in castle age and need 350-400 kills to get imperial
- Viking need 400 kills to get imperial

Good Ideas, after so many people objecting to the new ideas presented here, not sure if they approve this as well. Otherwise seem fair to me, as Both Aztecs and Viks struggle to maintain their presence in the game, while both are good against celts, may somehow weaken celts in Pre Imp war.
Đường dẫn | Trả lời | Trích dẫn
 Teasers

đã Post22 Tháng 5 2017 - 8:38 pm
Vote for CS legend ---> http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/266275
 Dej4Vu

đã Post23 Tháng 5 2017 - 12:32 am
Quote:
If you are so Pro-Active player then CBA is not a map for you [I3acI]Dej4Vu, Play in RM/DM lobby where actual skills are tested.

The whole CBA map is made in such a way so that you don't have to make Castle Units at all, otherwise CBF was a decent map with similar attributes.
wtf i did read? your comparison between cs maps with rm/dm it's totally absurd since they are different skill-set and starting saying than rm/dm requires more skills than any cs map without proof makes your statement false.
Quote:
yeah if units were made automatic already then why you need more automatic stuffs?it's already easy to make it easier... so noobs become even more overrated, this was the point on my previous comment... lets make bots with an ia and let them play for us.. or in his defect use macros if you dont have pride rofl
 bukayosaka

Đã được sửa23 Tháng 5 2017 - 3:47 am bởibukayosaka
Quote:
If you are so Pro-Active player then CBA is not a map for you [I3acI]Dej4Vu, Play in RM/DM lobby where actual skills are tested.

This is some real quality bull excrement. The point of playing a game is to do things. Some people do those things at a more competitive pace and that is why the rating system theoretically exists. If you remove skills from a game type then you end up with something that requires only luck to win.

This is how you sound.

Lets add a trigger that decides the winner at the start of the game and the player has no input. You don't like that? Well if you like playing you should play DM, CS is not a place for you.

CBA is already a basic map. Making it less engaging means nobody is going to want to play it except for boosting ratings. This thinking encourages point farming over playing games for the sake of fun.
 [CYD]ViCiouS__

Đã được sửa23 Tháng 5 2017 - 12:57 pm bởi[CYD]ViCiouS__
+arslan wrote:
Once the player has Razed and then lost his vill, the Ally Dev Support will not be activated. This will only be available for those players who are unable to get the Villager in the entire game. The time and Kills when the "Ally Dev Support" is activated can be extended to a higher number if you think this Feature makes the game Unfair or "This Whole feature can be made Optional, so the Host can Enable/Disable it in the beginning of the game".
So it’s only work for player who can already build ? I try to imagine it : it will be usefull in long imperial game. In my opinion it’s the boring part in cba : very hard to destroy a guy because of lagg. I think your proposal will be used when a ally was close to be destroyed but because of lagg, ennemy didn’t finish him. So you’ll be able to help ally to rebuild faster ==> Longer lagg game, longer borredom.

+arslan wrote:
The update does not involve any sort of modding, so unfinished walls are still possible. The Objective is to deter people from doing Cowardly act or you may call it "Strategic" to wall your enemy or even your ally in some cases.
Here we desagree. In my opinion, walling ennemy is not coward at all, quite the reverse. You have to risk your vill, it requires a good team play, and it often fails. It’s really a hard strategy, reserved for the good players.

+arslan wrote:
This is function is aligned with The Goths walling outside, If we remove this function then no Goths can wall outside. If you are happy with Goths No-Stone wall ability outside the gates, then there is no point in keeping it as well.
Making stone wall in goth base was a very good idea. Indeed, goth was too easy to rush. Walling outside the gates isn’t as important as wall in. Like i said, the faults for the other civs are much higher. The game isn't worth the candle.

+arslan wrote:
Good Ideas, after so many people objecting to the new ideas presented here, not sure if they approve this as well. Otherwise seem fair to me, as Both Aztecs and Viks struggle to maintain their presence in the game, while both are good against celts, may somehow weaken celts in Pre Imp war.
Vik and aztec are good vs celt and goth units, and that’s about it. They are very bad against all the other units. Celt and goth are good vs archery which represent lot of civs. In my opinion celt are quite well balanced : If you play it well, you can get csage quite fast. Maybe you can decrease a few the number of kills to get csage with celt to counterbalance.
 xVeniVidiVici

đã Post23 Tháng 5 2017 - 1:14 pm
How do I say this nicely .....

DOOM you are unqualified to be meddling in affairs that don't concern you ,
If some indian is gonna **** up cba at least let it be benzy or dz light , not this ****ing tech support mother****er you .
 [_MD_]DaGhostInside

đã Post23 Tháng 5 2017 - 11:21 pm
+arslan wrote:
If you are so Pro-Active player then CBA is not a map for you Dej4Vu, Play in RM/DM lobby where actual skills are tested.

YEa im sUre 200 sArc vs 200 GoTH iS bAlanCeD, triggers are there for a reason you ****ing ****.
 Brytiago

đã Post24 Tháng 5 2017 - 9:00 am
Ok people theres no need to be over dramatic and disrespect someone to that extent over their proposals for a map. Whatever his nationality is, he is just sharing his ideas that might improve the map.
 bukayosaka

Đã được sửa24 Tháng 5 2017 - 9:34 am bởibukayosaka
Here is the crux of the problem. CBA has had many projects that aimed to balance and make it fair. How many do you see being used today?

Players do not want a completely fair map if they are playing random civ cba. If they wanted a balanced game they would be using Maltes version with team random and fair spots.
 +arslan

đã Post24 Tháng 5 2017 - 5:13 pm
bukayosaka wrote:
Here is the crux of the problem. CBA has had many projects that aimed to balance and make it fair. How many do you see being used today?

Players do not want a completely fair map if they are playing random civ cba. If they wanted a balanced game they would be using Maltes version with team random and fair spots.

Exactly, the more you try to balance this map, the more people will try to resist the change as they find the Unbalanced CBA more attractive and love to take advantage when they get powerful CIV and do not care what other gets. That's why I said in the beginning of this Thread:
+arslan wrote:
We do not Guarantee a Perfectly Balanced map, but this is a small effort to revive the Old CBA map for the current CS Players after the "Great CBA Reset".

The objective is to make CBA more fun and interesting to play and not to BALANCE it in any way. The changes related to kills/razes have been extracted from various Discussion Threads related to CBA, which may or may not be totally effective.
bukayosaka wrote:
Lets add a trigger that decides the winner at the start of the game and the player has no input. You don't like that? Well if you like playing you should play DM, CS is not a place for you.

If you are going to talk about Triggers controlling the fate of the game, then "Roll the Dice" map would be the perfect choice, Really Unpredictable, sometime totally Unfair (one may be playing with a Hero, while other with Pikeman). But still people love to play that map. CS is all about Triggers. Sometimes they make life easy for you, sometimes they don't.
 bukayosaka

Đã được sửa24 Tháng 5 2017 - 5:32 pm bởibukayosaka
+arslan wrote:
If you are going to talk about Triggers controlling the fate of the game, then "Roll the Dice" map would be the perfect choice, Really Unpredictable, sometime totally Unfair (one may be playing with a Hero, while other with Pikeman). But still people love to play that map. CS is all about Triggers. Sometimes they make life easy for you, sometimes they don't.

Bad example. RTD is a highly complicated map. It makes CBA look like archers blood in terms of complexity.

Now if someone decided to edit RTD to remove every single store or additional feature, leaving only a dumb fight between random units...
 +arslan

đã Post24 Tháng 5 2017 - 5:40 pm
CBA can be made complex, but we already have RCB for that purpose. Nobody will play a complex CBA. RTD is Complex in terms of Triggers, but has very simple game play. While the store makes it a bit complex, but players can win the game by just being 'Lucky' and some skills as well.
 calexus5678

Đã được sửa26 Tháng 5 2017 - 3:38 am bởicalexus5678
Quote:
Exactly, the more you try to balance this map, the more people will try to resist the change as they find the Unbalanced CBA more attractive and love to take advantage when they get powerful CIV and do not care what other gets.

What a stupid and baseless assumption
Quote:
Hopefully the new changes will make CBA slightly more Exciting and Balanced as well.
Quote:
The objective is to make CBA more fun and interesting to play and not to BALANCE it in any way.

More contradiction..
Quote:

Lots of words... not much substance.. I think you fail to understand that a random/luck/chance factor is an important part of the game to keep it varied and interesting... even RM contains this, it's called random map for god sake.

I'm glad we got rid of that **** who claimed voobly admins were responsible for the changes. What a gimp lol. And as for lifting changes from discussion threads, you could just solo pick and choose whatever you want lol...

Also, I fail to see how you made CBA more exciting.. exactly how is that.. what about the changes makes it more exciting? Is it the novelty value, because I promise you that will wear off quick..

I think the biggest issue is Ally Development Support(which let's be honest is just a bunch of triggers transferring ownership of some buildings) and you complete failure to see how much it fundamentally changes the gameplay, it totally alters the map and dynamics.

+[MM]jason

Đã được sửa26 Tháng 5 2017 - 4:54 am bởi+[MM]jason
Just come play roulette blood you will forget all about cba.
 ['RB']nhoobish

đã Post26 Tháng 5 2017 - 7:48 am
I'm glad we got rid of that **** who claimed voobly admins were responsible for the changes. What a gimp lol. And as for lifting changes from discussion threads, you could just solo pick and choose whatever you want lol..

I never left, I just got bored of replying to you. Voobly Staff rate the scenarios they want, not the scenarios you want. If you made a CBA BALANCED EDIT EMISSARY V1, it is eventually up to the Staff whether to rate it or not.

Hope to see a reply from you and claim how everything I say has no merit.

1234567[8]910
Hiển thị 106 - 120 ngoài 145 Bài viết
Nhảy Forum
4 User(s) làđọc chủ đề này 30 phút vừa qua
0Thành viên4 Khách

What's popular right now: